A bit about us:
Responsible for performing multiple tasks in the assembly or sub-assembly department for the manufacture of electric vehicles. Location:
Why join us?Job Details
- OEM Automotive experience, 3- 5yrs (IATF 16949)
- Dealership automotive experience, min. 3yrs (ISO 9001 min.)
- Electro-mechanical assembly / test experience in areas that are similar to Light – Heavy duty EV assemblies and harnesses, min. 5yrs and working for a company that is ISO 9001 compliant
Role and Responsibilities
- Assemble sub-systems up to vehicle level builds and maintaining strict adherence to sequence of operation, quality standards and work instruction(s)
- Collaborate and communicate with team to ensure On Time deliveries of product
- Drive toward a quality product, perform quality inspections and tests on product as required
- Must keep company provided tools and equipment secured and in good working condition
- Fill out associated daily documentation related to Subassembly and Vehicle builds, including progress reports
- Ensuring that the shop is in excellent condition regarding cleanliness, safety, and equipment condition to minimize production down time and support Lean
- Seek opportunities to drive improvement on projects and lean processes
- Able to complete other related duties as assigned by management
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and document processes and activities
- Apply sound problem-solving skills to achieve high quality standards for internal customers in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an automotive manufacturing technician, working with major OEM (EV experience preferred)
- Preferred 2+ years’ experience in electro-mechanical harness & assembly builds that adhered to IPC &/or SAE Industrial Quality Standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of shop and automotive tools
- Preferred 1+ year of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement work experience
- Motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Ability to interpret wiring schematics, diagrams and assembly drawing & follow detailed work instructions
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions
- Working knowledge of automotive calibrated equipment and tooling.
- Have Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office apps and ability to learn service generated software programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read and write English as it relates to the job requirements.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Well organized and must be detailed oriented
- Physical Demands:
o Required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds
o Ability to stand 8-10 hours per day
o Good hand/eye coordination and ability to identify color variations and close / distance visual items
- Environment Expectations:
o Should be able to work in extreme heat and cold conditions, warehouse setting
o Wear protective clothing and respiratory protective equipment per company policy
o Work around irritant chemicals, gases, etc.,