A bit about us:
We're a new kind of mortgage company taking a fresh approach to lending and developing consumer relationships. From digital solutions to transparent services, we're all about helping our clients, partners, and team members achieve the highest level of success when it comes to personal and professional accomplishments.
We're committed to building a distinct and inclusive team that's representative of our core values and clientele. Our underwriting department is proud to have obtained a 100% employee retention rate over the past five years!Why join us?
A Better Opportunity
If you’re looking to join a family-oriented company, you appreciate working in a bustling space and you’re not afraid to test your limits every day... then our thriving mortgage company (currently licensed in 11 states) wants you!
Our quintessential applicant is a dynamic, driven, accounting management guru who dreams of eventually transitioning into a CFO. You’ll work under the supervision of the managing partners. Keeping in mind that we’re only taking-on those who wish to become the “best-of-the-best”, we’re offering an attractive compensation package, plus we’ll provide a wonderful employee experience (We take pride in valuing both our employees & clients on an even keel.). We’ll also accommodate you with unlimited support, mentoring and an ample timeframe to grasp the workflow until you deliver the desired results.
Our future employee will be curious to delve-in at a more self-guided (less micro-managed) place of business. We want someone who’s looking for a long-term position, not a short-term gig, who feels motivated & rewarded for performing at an exemplary status.Job Details
Our future employee will be curious to delve-in at a more self-guided (less micro-managed) place of business. We want someone who’s looking for a long-term position, not a short-term gig, who feels motivated & rewarded for performing at an exemplary status. Our ideal candidate will possess 5-10+ years’ experience as a Full Charge bookkeeper (A HUGE plus for office management experience). Since we’ll be offering time to adjust and the latest digitized solutions, we kindly ask that you be very detail-oriented, possess strong work ethics, and be disciplined with outcomes exemplifying veracity, punctuality and maintain a team-oriented spirit.
For this position, you’ll need to understand bookkeeping functions such as (Quickbooks), A/P, payroll, accrual financial statement preparation, management, and financial reporting/daily dashboards, financial analysis (using Excel) plus maintain positive relationships with vendors, oversee communication efforts between HR and the company for our current 35 employees (The will also be ad-hoc general office admin responsibilities).
What you’ll be expected to execute:
1. Accounting Management
2. Broadcasting Fiscal Data
3. Performing Detailed Financial Analysis
In addition to these tasks, you’ll also be asked to perform the following duties: Assemble and manage all conditions of the company’s amass accounting (with the exception of tax returns and closing year-end adjustments), verifying transactions, making posts and processing payments of all accounts payable and outstanding vendor invoices (within the discount period if available) including keeping your finger on the pulse of account activity and approving disbursements, making preparations for Accounts Receivable (compiling and postings), oversee & balance of the general ledger and reconciling records & bank statements.
Oversee bi-weekly payroll functions (Accounting for salary, commission, bonus, vacation, accrued time off, sick leave, overtime, and all year-end employee tax files) Payroll tax reporting, W2’s, and Vendor 1099.
- Preparing & executing monthly financial statements and documentation in Accrual Accounting.
- Write-up analytical reports detailing the monthly financial trends, ratios, and relationships (focusing-on mortgage loan earnings and spending reconciliation to layout costs across different mortgage types and avenues).
- Manage & upkeep all financial records/documents; maintain an orderly & efficient filing system
- Managing the accounting charts
- Compile fiscal projections and/or budgets as well as financial analysis as requested by managing partners
- Must operate in compliance with all local, state and federal financial, industry and regulatory reporting requirements and licenses
- Must take command of accrual accounting
- You’ll be the main point of contact for the partners in helping them direct and understand the daily operations of the business.
- Must have a fluid understanding of Excel (Windows/PC)
What we’re looking for: Someone who’s trustworthy and has a strong sense of ethics (both business-wise & personal), dedicated, driven, always striving to become better, loves to learn, humble (no egos here!), who’s passionate about working with numbers (and, ideally, homebuying) and loves to be surrounded by a dedicated team of professionals!
- 4 years in an office environment (Preferred)
- Office Management in the financing and/or mortgaging sector: 3 years (Required)
- 3 years in the financial industry and/or mortgage bookkeeping (Required)
- 2 years as a Financial Controller (Required)